Saturday, December 11, 2010

We're Heading to Uganda Today!!! :)

Wow! After months of planning, the day has finally come! My name is Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz. :) Sara and I are leaving tonight around 8pm! Stacia will be there when we arrive. So please pray for our safety as we travel!! 

So, I thought I would tell you a little bit about by myself so that you would know exactly who Sara's cousin Elizabeth really is. :) Well, to start off, I am actually from Gainesville, Georgia! My parents are Vince and Sondra Peck. I have five siblings, four sisters and one brother. My Mom is Steve Wright's sister! And yes, they are EXACTLY alike! I attend Gainesville State College and just finished up my freshman year this past semester. (Actually just a few days ago because I had my last final exam Wednesday haha!)  

Back to our trip, this is my FIRST mission trip and first trip out of the country! I am SUPER excited I get to go! I can't wait to meet Abby Tracy, the Uncles, and all the boys! I have heard so many good things about them from Sara and Stacia! It still hasn't hit me yet that tomorrow, Sara and I will be joining Stacia in Uganda! I am so excited that we get to bring the boys Christmas! We are taking a Christmas tree, stockings, and little presents! It will be so amazing to see the boys on Christmas day opening up their presents and celebrating with them the true meaning of Christmas! Please continue to pray for us for safety and open hearts to hear what God has to say to us. Also, pray for the boys that they will have an open heart to hear what God will be saying to them through us.

Thank you so much from all of us for the prayers, donations, and purchase of jewelry for Abby's ministry!  We will keep you posted throughout our trip.

Liz :)

2 comments:

  1. ELIZABETH! (this is Gracie) I absolutely MISS you soo much! Sometimes I cry because I miss you but I keep praying for you because you are on my mind...TONS! God is probably annoyed because I keep praying the same thing over and over for you guys haha (so if you have any new prayer request please inform your dear sister love, God) haha Liz I am soooo proud of you and I hope this trip is amazing for you! I cannot wait to hear all of your stories about how God has worked in your life within the last two weeks :) You ARE my best friend and man I miss you! My eyes are watery typing this but I hope you have a Merry Christmas and remember God is with you Liz and here is a verse I saw on a card that I thought was catchy and maybe you can use it the next week and 1/2 "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certian of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1 but yet God is all around us! Gracie 3:2 HAHAHA jk about that part but God is all around and is so proud of you doing this for His Glory! You ROCK LIZ!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU! Miss you and the good things is that I get to see you in my dreams...I know that sounds creepy but I really do dream about you :) Have fun on the rest of your trip...I love you Liz..
    Love,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys it is Mary Katherine! I just wanted to let y'all know that I love you all very very very much! Just know that I am praying for y'all EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! Iknow God has something great plan for each of y'all, so girls just stay strong and know God is with you all EVERYDAY!! I miss y'all as well! Love y'all bunches and have a great and wonderful day in the Lord!

    Love,
    Mary Katherine

    ReplyDelete